ProCook Nihon X50 Nakiri Knife16cm / 6.5in
- Typical Price £52
- Only £26
- In stock
- 1-2 day delivery
- 16.5cm Nakiri knife designed to make chopping vegetables easier by allowing you to chop right through to the cutting board in one clean movement
- Straight, super-sharp cutting edge stone ground by hand on both sides to glide through vegetables easily
- Made from X50 stainless steel containing 0.5% carbon and 15% chrome with an official Rockwell hardness rating (HRC) of 55±2
- Smooth European Beech handle that is comfortable to hold with a rear bolster for perfect balance
- 25 year guarantee - ProCook design, manufacture and supply innovative quality products and cut out the middleman to bring you unbeatable prices
You may also like
Average customer ratings
ProCook Nihon X50 Nakiri Knife 16cm / 6.5in
In a nod to its provenance the nakiri knife design comes from the Japanese 'nakiri bocho' meaning 'knife for cutting greens'. The straight blade is evenly ground on both sides making it superior for use with vegetables as slices fall away easily and don't stick together.
Inspired by Japanese tradition, Nihon knives possess strength and pinpoint precision for the best performance. The knives in this range have a stainless-steel blade with a super-sharp cutting edge which is stone ground by hand, and a rear bolster for perfect balance. Coupled with a smooth European Beech handle these knives are superbly comfortable to hold and a joy to use.
The stainless steel used in the Nihon range is referred to as X50CrMoV15 and contains 0.5% carbon for outstanding edge retention. 15% chrome (Cr15) provides high corrosion resistance making the steel more resilient to tarnishing and general stains, and molybdenum and vanadium (MoV) further strengthen the blade and improve stain resistance. The Rockwell hardness rating of these blades is 55±2.
Top tip: This nakiri has a flat bolster which is ideal for crushing garlic. Place the bolster on your garlic clove and give it one small thump before peeling or chopping.
25 year guarantee - ProCook design, manufacture and supply innovative quality products and cut out the middleman to bring you unbeatable prices
Please note under the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (as amended) we are only allowed to sell knives to persons aged 18 and over.
Details of our age verification process can be found within our Sale of Age Restricted Goods Policy.
Item Code: 7083